Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Magic the Gathering

This summer my Gamer taught my to play Magic the Gathering (MTG).  MTG is a card game where you attack one another through various spells and summoning creatures.

MTG has that stigma of being played by man-children who live in the momma's basements, and well, that is a little bit true. To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled to learn to play, but Philip had taken it up again and was spending quite a bit of time on the game. So... as a good gamer-wife I thought I should at least learn the basics of the game so I could tell what was going on.

Now here's what happened, I got awfully frustrated learning to play the game, but now that I have the hang of it, I actually like it! It takes a bit of time to get used to, and I'm not very good, but I have a lot of fun with the game.

What's this boil down to for you? Well, if your guy plays, you might want to pick it up. You can't beat how much fun you'll have the first time you beat him and it's actually a really fun strategy game!

You can find some cards to get started here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for Something Specific?