Sunday, November 13, 2011

Afternoon Quickie: Sonic Generations

Played on PS3

There's a new Sonic Game! Woo! Essentially, they remade Sonic into a 3D world. They made some new levels/remakes, but also included some of the favorite older levels. The game is pretty cool to watch. I will be honest though, the 3D levels messed with my head at first. Sonic speed, really colorful three-dimensional levels flying by you... I felt like I was tripping. However, I soon got used to it. The only thing I didn't like was the same thing I don't like about old Sonic games, or really, any old games from that era: Everything has a sound effect! Sonic can't pick his nose without some loud high-pitched noise accompanying it!

But honestly, that's the only downfall. It was fun to watch. The story was simple, but cute and allowed you to see all the side characters. The levels were well made and fun to watch. There weren't really many options for the observer to get involved, but I would say, your girl could just pick up a controller and play a little bit. Sonic's too fast for me, I'm more at the speed of Tails, but it's a blast from past that really works and is worth playing.

Me as Gangster Sonic. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for Something Specific?